TUE - FEB 19
2/16/19, Saturday, more... Other than Saturday's Tracheostomy and MRI, everything else stayed steady... wakeful, initiating all breathing and vital signs remain good. Rediscovering her mouth and tongue now that the Endotracheal tube has been removed.
2/16/19, Saturday, more... MRI showed little change and have a consult in for Neurosurgery, to see if they see any reason to intervene. Otherwise likely to go back to Long Term Care at Select Tuesday, or at least sometime soon after.
2/17/19, Sunday... Very good day. Moving along getting used to the Trach and weaning off any support/supplement the ventilator was providing. Probably back to Select Monday or whenever otherwise ordered (still waiting for that on Tuesday) .
2/18/19a, Monday... Still @ WFH in ICU1 (2nd floor). Will eventually return to Select, but no timeline for that yet... Lynne's doing good. Not sure when transport back to Select will occur... maybe Tuesday, or who knows. Trach has made a big difference for Lynne. Now off the ventilator, but still supported with some oxygen. Vitals stable and good.
2/19/19, Tuesday, Probably safest to call before visiting, just to make sure where we are.
THURS - FEB 14
NOT GOOD NEWS
We're at WFH ICU2 (2nd floor). I'm afraid Lynne's liver may be failing, and that most likely means discontinuing treatment and looking at palliative care. I'm waiting on one more check on the lab values before I make a decision, but I'm struggling with it. Keep me and Lynne in your prayers!
And then the next Dr says he will do another MRI and depending, may still recommend doing a tracheostomy, but forego the PEG/Stomach feeding tube, and let her liver do whatever it will now or some other time. Vitals and breathing and wakefulness are still going strong. I'm all about optimism, but this rollercoaster is rugged! Seems like Hope is still vying for a place in line though!
WED - FEB 13
2/13/19 p.m.... Currently arranging transport to West Florida Hospital, ICU5 (on 2nd floor) sometime this evening. Not sure how soon the transport will occur. Not sure when they'll remove the endotracheal tube, place a tracheostomy, feeding tube, etc, either, or how long they'll hold her there before returning to Select Specialty Hospital (I'm assuming). More as I know more.
FROM 2/13/19 a.m....
PT has Lynne sitting in a chair right now and looking out the window into the trees and sunlight, very alert! It's a good morning!
Tuesday Feb 12
2/8/19... I think Lynne made progress toward waking up today. She moved her head toward familiar voices numerous times today with her eyes at least partially open. The medical team says she should be waking up, and they further reduced the seizure medication trying to help that along. Lynne's liver metabolism isn't the most helpful with that, but it's still in the game, along with her continuing to breathe on her own (supplemented by some oxygen) and maintaining respectable vital signs. Had an EEG about 4:30-5:30 this evening and the Neurologist was on hand to observe that seizures really weren't a continuing issue right now and the latest CAT Scan didn't show any significant change, so the Brain Bleed has stabilized. He's still expecting Lynne to wake up. That said, if she doesn't pull that off by mid week next week, his prognosis will likely dim. Thank you for your continuing prayers and thank you for your support just to keep up with Lynne and her roller coaster ride!
I forgot to mention earlier, but visiting hours are 8a-10p with the exception of 6p-8p which is report/shift change and associated prep for and after that.
XXXXXX
THURS PM Feb 7
2/4/19a2... We're waiting on transport to Select Specialty Hospital, anytime now. Will send new Rm# etc when we get there or I know it otherwise. Lynne opened her eyes a little on her own this morning, so that was good to see. Neurologist said though the brain bleed appears to him, based on the most recent MRI, to have increased in size from the initial MRI. He's still wondering what the cause of the bleed is, now considering that it could relate to the possibility of a small tumor not yet detected. The Roller Coaster continues, but I'm optimistic that the eyes opening, even a little, is a good sign. Certainly appreciate your continuing thoughts and prayers
SAT FEB 2














