Friday, September 02, 2005

New Orleans - Lord Help Them

I will be in chumuckla.com for two weeks beginning Sept 3 PM. I will be doing what I can to help my Mom and my Mother in Law and others to get some things back in order after Ivan and Dennis. My cell is 973-670-4069. I hope to meet up with some friends when opportunities permit. I'll try to keep up some notes on this blog while there. Note the blog www.incountry.blogspot.com where I recently put a farmers opry video feature of Henry Botts.
While it is still a few years from normal in the Ivan/Dennis path, it appears that New Orleans will be DECADES in recovery. As bad as Ivan and Dennis were, our population is not even close that in the path of Katrina. The pain and devastation are on an order of 20X Ivan because of the dense population and the standing water in the low-level city. As much as we need help, there is no question www.NOLA.com now has the priorities.

No comments: