Friday, November 06, 2015

A Blog You Will Enjoy

A Few Good Men

Samuel Peacock II was my 5th Great Grandfather. He was a soldier in the Militia for North Carolina. I have had soldiers in this country since it began and beyond in England all the way back to Jerusalem. There is a long lineage of service to our country, and its people in my family.

There is a very cute story about Samuel and General George Washington who wanted to pass his toll bridge free of charge. Samuel told him he would have to pay like anyone else. That guy had something I tell ya!

Here is the rest of the story for a lazy start to your morning, and I hope that you enjoy the look back at some of the men in my family that have helped keep us free!    CONTINUE THIS STORY AT MUSINGS WITH KIMMEE ....
More about Gloria Peacock Kimmell at her facebook page.
Her Facebook Page

No comments: