Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Cynthia Campbell Mitchell fights Cancer

Cynthia had gall bladder surgery because she thought that was what was making her feel so sick and tired. Since then she had 3 spells. She will be feeling fine one minute and the next minute she will be sick to her stomach. High temperatures and blood work and CT scans led to a tumor (big as a softball) diagnosis. An operation is imminent. Likely a Monday surgery. Your prayers are requested and appreciated. The hospital for contact will be Sacred Heart.

In other developments: Diane Hatfield has completed chemo therapy and is at home. Tom Reynolds is undergoing stent surgery for his arteries this week. Curtis and Benny appear to be recovered from their bouts with cancer. Norman Walther is well from his heart surgery but his wife is in treatment for lung cancer and making progress. There are several more cancer cases in our Chumuckla family and they all are in our prayers.

1 comment:

BUZZ CREEK said...

Cynthia Reports - Friday
I was at Sacred Heart today from 10:15 until 3:00. I have all my pre-op taken care of. I have now had 16 vials of blood drawn since August 22. I would make a good pincushion. If I pass my echocardiogram on Monday (which I feel is no problem) I will have my surgery next Thursday. I have to be there by 5:30 I think surgery will be about 8.

If the cancer has not spread the surgery should last 3-4 hours. I would be in the hospital 3-4 days and I wouldn't have to have chemo. This is what I am praying for.

If the cancer has spread the surgery could last as long as 10 hours. I would be in the hospital up to 10 days and would have to have chemo. Chemo would probably last 2-3 weeks but could last up to 16 weeks.

I will lose a lot of blood and will need to have a blood transfusion. He has ordered 8 units of blood but I should only need 4. I might have to stay in ICU the first night.

I have a germ cell tumor. He didn't write ovarian in front of it but I think it should be. It is one of two kinds. Dr. DeCesare wrote it out for me but it is hard to read his writing. I looked it up online and I think he meant endodermal sinus tumor or dysgermionma. He said it is rare and fast growing.

Cynthia